Stay in touch with family and friends
Wondering how to take online dance classes with family and friends during social distancing? Dance together on video conferencing! Book an online dance class that is private for you and your group, arranged at a time to suit you. The classes are bookable at a time to suit you, led by our dance teachers who have danced with some of the best authentic vintage jazz dance troupes in the UK.
Online vintage and retro dance classes include:
- 1920s Charleston Dance Class – hugely popular with guys and gals alike. Elegant and silly at the same time, you’ll knock your knees, smack the baby and hitchhike.
- 1940s jazz dance – dance vintage jazz steps to the infectious swing dance rhythms of the 30s and 40s.
- 1950s dance class – family fun with a rock n roll feel.
- Our 1970s dance class is full of funky moves! Learn The Hustle, or a Saturday Night Fever inspired routine, with classic moves such as the bump and the funky chicken.
- 1980s pop dance is all about music video dance moves, energy and colour! Whether you’re a fan of Thriller, Madonna style voguing or Cyndi Lauper, the 80s have something for you.
- Line dancing and classic musicals dance classes also available on request!
Online birthday and family fun, or even an online hen party
Suitable for 2 – 20 people, these classes are great for:
- A birthday surprise for a friend or family member you want to stay in touch with.
- Couples and families wanting a special dance experience from the comfort of their own home.
- An online vintage hen party.
How do online dance classes work?:
- Classes last 1 hour and you’ll learn dance moves to music from the era of choice, and then a fun sequence of moves.
- It’s a completely private dance class to you and your group (rather than live streaming), where you can see each other and the dance teacher and interact.
- We’ll host your event via the dance teacher’s pro account on Zoom.
- We’ll invite everyone to join the meeting via a link sent by email.
- Everyone involved can click on the link to join the date on their household laptop, ipad or mobile phone.
- The teacher may mute your mic at some points during the class and unmute it to ask for feedback and interaction. You’ll be able to pin the dance teacher’s screen large so you can see more of them
- Why not hang out and chat or play games on your own zoom account after the class? You can get a free zoom account, schedule another meeting straight after the class and have 40 mins free.
- Booking now on this request form Give us us 2 – 3 available dates and times that work for your group and which class you’d like, and we’ll discuss costs based on your numbers, and email you a booking form.
We can offer private intermediate online classes for people with some charleston and solo vintage jazz dance experience hoping to improve their technique. Please enquire to discuss.
Stay home everyone, and stay safe. Thanks so much for your interest.
Your booking will help support small business and self employed dancers.