Looking for new hen party ideas?
We’re excited to launch a fun, new 1970s disco dance class or soul train dance class for hen parties, stag parties, or mixed groups.
COVID 19 update– Book an online Charleston dance class, now available throughout lockdown and social distancing! Visit here for info: online dance classes Great for lockdown birthdays or hen parties, or virtual get togethers of family and friends.
Take your retro hen party on ‘the hippest trip’.
- Loosen up, shake those hips, pulse those shoulders, feel the beat, and improve your dancing confidence.
- Our teachers will introduce you to new moves and improve your ability to improvise your own. By the end of the class you’ll be dancing with style down a soul train line and feeling proud of your own style.
- Or go for 1970s disco dance and Freak Out!
It’s just what you need to get you in the mood for your night out.
The history: Soul train was a long running American music-dance TV programme through which a host of African American music talent made their names – many funk, disco and gospel artists appeared. The show was hugely popular and introduced viewers to the latest music, fashion, hairstyles and dance moves.
The show always featured the Soul Train Line, where dancers strutted down the line towards the camera in pairs to the latest track, showing off their best moves.
- Attire – Soul Train: loose but proud, 1970s street style. Flared jeans, tight fitting t shirts, bright and colourful shirts, loud and proud and confident.
- Disco: loud and big hair and bold colours and flares.
- Taught by: our fab fun teachers from a vintage dance background who really know their stuff and will bring authenticity
- Venues and locations – we can do this anywhere. One of our favourite dance studios in East London has a disco ball. There are dance studios and halls and finer venues in Bath, Oxford, Reading, Cheltenham and other areas of London that we use, or enquire to see if we can come to you.
How 1970s disco dance classes work
- The classes are arranged at a time and place to suit your group.
- You’ll have a warm up, learn a range of authentic 1920s steps, then a fun routine that you all dance together! Dance it at the wedding if you dare…
- We can add a little solo for the bride to be or birthday girl or boy to make them shine!
- The class lasts 2 hours, but you can have a 1 hour or 1.5 hour class if you prefer.
- Add special choreography on request – hens can performed their dance at the wedding if they dare. We can choreograph a surprise flashmob for a wedding or company Christmas party you if you like.