Our most popular, best-selling hen party and birthday party dance class, since 2010.
No party in the 1920s was complete without dancing! Experience the Charleston, the most famous Roaring Twenties dance craze – it’s too-too super darling!
COVID 19 update- Book an online Charleston dance class, now available throughout lockdown and social distancing! Visit here for info: online dance classes Great for lockdown birthdays or hen parties, or virtual get togethers of family and friends.
Charleston is fun and easy to learn, elegant and silly at the same time, great for getting everyone laughing and joining in!
Learn quirky 1920s dance moves such as the bees knees, the hitchhiker, the mess around, the scarecrow, the charleston basic step and charleston kicks, then a routine that you dance all together – just for fun, or dance it at the wedding if you dare!
Our teachers are fun and inclusive and great at getting people of all ages and abilities joining in and feeling included – men too, or your gran or your uncle! They’re all authentic vintage jazz dancers, many of whom perform in vintage dance troupes and are passionate about the era.
We are inclusive of all sexualities and genders. Consider us for the hen or stag do for your same sex wedding!
See our videos page for clips.
Why not combine your class with:
- afternoon tea in London or afternoon tea in Cheltenham?
- We offer Charleston dinners in Cheltenham
- and we have an amazing country house vintage venue near Reading where you can stay for the weekend or hire for the day, and combine your class with a vintage tea party.
- Dancing vintage tea parties are also available in Oxford, Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds.
Charleston dance class in Reading
The Charleston dance classes:
- The classes are arranged at a time and place to suit your group.
- You’ll have a warm up, learn a range of authentic 1920s steps, then a fun routine that you all dance together! Dance it at the wedding if you dare…
- We can add a little solo for the bride to be or birthday girl or boy to make them shine!
- The class lasts 2 hours, but you can have a 1 hour or 1.5 hour class if you prefer.
- Add special choreography on request – hens can performed their dance at the wedding if they dare. We can choreograph a surprise flashmob for a wedding or company Christmas party you if you like.
Who can take part?
- Suitable for all ages and abilities – tell us more about you and your friends, and we’ll pitch it to your group.
- We get booked for hen parties, as a fun 40th birthday idea (21st, 30th, 50th, 60th, 70th and even 80th birthdays have booked our class!), or for mixed sex groups and for the discerning and dapper stag party. You name it, we’ve had 30th, 21st, 50th groups, company team building sessions and even children’s parties book our private dance classes.
1920s Charleston Dance Class in London
Where can we do the class?
We are a moveable feast!
- You can come to one of our regular venues in London, Cheltenham, Reading, Oxford, Henley on Thames, Bath or Bristol.
- We also offer a venue finding service for a small extra cost. Or we can come to a dance studio or village hall or your choice.
- We use dance studios, village halls near your holiday cottage or hen party accommodation (which make a great venue for a vintage hen party).
- We have given the classes at people’s homes where there is a wooden floor and enough space for the size of group.
- And we have some glamorous vintage venues where the class can take place teamed with afternoon tea or dinner. Check out our special vintage hen party packages .
We regularly do our Charleston classes in:
- Oxford & Oxfordshire
- Cheltenham & The Cotswolds
- Manchester & The Peak District
- Birmingham & Worcestershire
Partnered Charleston Classes:
Fancy something more technical? Why not book a partnered Charleston class with two dance teachers?
We have done these for ballroom dance class groups or dancers wanting to try something a little different to their usual style.
Same sex groups can also have these classes – anyone can lead or follow whatever your gender. You don’t have to have the same number of males or females and men or women can choose either role.
We can do shorter dance classes at evening parties and events or at your vintage wedding (to suit the concentration span of partying guests and offer a short, fun filled taster) along with performances by our dancers. It’s a great way to get the party going and get people on the dance floor! See here for full details