Our most popular, best-selling hen party dance class, since 2009.
No party in the 1920s was complete without dancing! Experience the Charleston, the most famous Roaring Twenties dance craze – it’s too-too super darling!
Charleston is fun, elegant and stylist, or comic and silly, depending how you style it. It’s easy to learn the basics.
If you’re having a 1920s hen party, an evening Speakeasy party, a 1920s murder mystery, or going on Gatsby themed night out, learning authentic moves will help break the ice, and get everyone laughing and having fun.
We only work with specialist authentic vintage dance teachers and our amazing actress dancer who teaches the class in role – quite an experience! They will get your party swivelling, kicking, knee knocking and shimmying like true flappers or sheiks in no time.
The classes are arranged specially for your group, at one of our regular venues, or at a dance studio or hall you’re hiring. We can occassionally come to someone’s home if space allows.
- Learn authentic 1920s dance steps such as the bees knees, the hitchhiker, the Charleston stroll and the mess around, and Charleston leg kicks.
- Then a fun group dance routine that you all dance together!
- We can add a little solo for the bride to be or birthday girl to make her shine!
- The class lasts 2 hours, but you can have a 1 hour or 1.5 hour class if you prefer.
- Add special choreography on request – hens can performed their dance at the wedding if they dare. We can choreograph a surprise flashmob for a wedding or company Christmas party you if you like.
Who can take part?
- Suitable for all ages and abilities – tell us more about you and your friends, and we’ll pitch it to your group.
- We get booked for hen parties, as a fun 40th birthday idea (21st, 30th, 50th, 60th, 70th and even 80th birthdays have booked our class!), or for mixed sex groups and for the discerning and dapper stag party. You name it, we’ve had 30th, 21st, 50th groups, company team building sessions and even children’s parties book our private dance classes.
Team it with other vintage hen party activities for a full 1920s Day Out:
- Afternoon tea or dinner, such as at our Dancing afternoon teas in London or our 1920s Day Out in a beautiful Georgian hotel in Cheltenham. Or our partner Art Deco venue in Cheltenham.
- Follow it with a hilarious vintage etiquette class
- Team it with 1920s hair to be completely ready for your night out.
- Have your class in a wonderful English Country House rental near Reading
Where can we do the class?
We are a moveable feast!
We use dance studios, village halls near your holiday cottage or hen party accommodation (which make a great venue for a vintage hen party). We have given the classes at people’s homes where there is a wooden floor and enough space for the size of group. And we have some glamorous vintage venues where the class can take place teamed with afternoon tea or dinner. Check out our special vintage hen party packages .
We have regular venues in:
The Peak District
Partnered Charleston Classes:
Fancy something more technical? Why not book a partnered Charleston class with two dance teachers?
We have done these for ballroom dance class groups or dancers wanting to try something a little different to their usual style.
Same sex groups can also have these classes – anyone can lead or follow whatever your gender. You don’t have to have the same number of males or females and men or women can choose either role.
We can do shorter dance classes at evening parties and events or at your vintage wedding (to suit the concentration span of partying guests and offer a short, fun filled taster) along with performances by our dancers. It’s a great way to get the party going and get people on the dance floor! See here for full details